Friday, January 30, 2009

Home Sweet Home

WE HAVE A HOME!!!!! My first thought was, “We bought a house! Whose is gonna pay for it!” Then I panicked, then Jerod panicked and then we were panicking together! Granted we understand that for our generation we are taught at retirement our house should not be our largest asset, but until this point in our lives, the house is the largest purchase we have ever made. Anyway, we love it! I am not going to lie, we are pretty spoiled at this point, it is brand new construction, it's on a golf course with a clubhouse that serves lunch and dinner (so I still do not have to cook!), we don’t have to mow the lawn and we have a workout facility. So, basically I will never leave home again! Jerod is going to be going back and forth between Columbia and KC until I graduate in May and then I will move down there. We will not be having a house warming until after Jerod gets back from Iraq, so with this much notice everyone should be able to come! : ) It’s also good because we can’t afford any new furniture right now, my mom said she would donate floor cushions to sit on, Thanks mom! It’s been a couple days now since it went under contract, so we are feeling normal again, no more panicking, we can do this! Nevertheless, we are both glad that we finally have a place to call home.


Front of the house! More Pictures to come!

3 comments:

  1. Aunty Bani's little niece is all grown up and building a birdnest for the future! and with a beau! my, my, where have i been, looks handsome too! so happy for you and jerod, when's the wedding? hope soon. lovely looking house too. it's been a while since you were last seen in Wales and England for the wedding.I'm so happy for you and best wishes in all your endeavours. get in touch, your mum should have my number. Love from us all in London x

    ReplyDelete
  2. YEAH!!!!! Congrats! It will be a very exciting time for you. I remember when Britt and I first moved in, my bed wasn't there yet so we blew up an air-mattress in the living room and just watched lots of movies. Those are the memories you never forget so take lots of pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! How fun! So happy for y'all! I have officially added you to the blog and I'll let you know about my trip to come see you!

    ReplyDelete