Monday, July 27, 2009

Only can happen to the Omoile’s...OH San Fran

Here’s the deal, I have been really bad this summer with blogging but you have to understand life is moving at a million miles a minute. But I thought this would be an entertaining story for everyone. So last week I got really sick on Wednesday, on Thursday my mom calls me asking me to go to San Francisco with my sister to go apt. hunting. I told her NO because I was deathly ill lying in bed. Then she made me feel guilty because Oni had just gotten his wisdom teeth out, my dad was in Nigeria and she was all alone and she could not do it. So I agreed, so I start looking for tickets to leave on Friday and they were like $1000! I was not even going to let her pay that, I am trying to have a wedding here! I was like Mom that could PAY for more stuff FOR MY WEDDING (selfish right). Anyway, my sister decides that she is going to ask my uncle for passes because he works for American Airlines, which my mom did not want us to do, but we did anyway!

San Fran was amazing, but those “hills” which are really mountains covered in concrete KILLED ME I am so out of SHAPE that I thought I was going to die, I couldn’t move from the waist down, I am sick and tired. At least it jump-starts the wedding workout I guess.

FAST FORWARD to Sunday when we are supposed to be going home, we get to the airport at 11:00 pm because we were going to take the Red Eye flight to Dallas and then I would catch another to KC while my sister stayed in Dallas with the parents. Well we didn’t make the standby list for the 12:20 am flight, but there was one at 6 am, so we decide to get a room at an Inn close to the airport, well by the time we get there at 2 am, I realize that I don’t have my Iphone. Iphone has a CREEPY thing where you can locate anyone on your family plan, so we did that and my phone showed up in a 400-yard radius in the SF airport. So we are like whatever we will go in the morning and find it. We get up (I did not sleep at all because I have a hacking cough, but Nic slept just fine) go to the airport and are searching for this dang phone. The woman at the ticket counter tells us we are confirmed on the 740 am flight to Dallas, but my phone was still locating and we wanted to find it, so we STUPIDLY give up our tickets and say, we will catch the next one.

I give up on the freaking phone, the phone is still locating but I am convinced it has fallen in a crack, we go to the ticket counter as the woman announces that Chicago Airport is having mechanical problems so everyone who was going to Chicago is now re-routed to DALLAS! ARE YOU KIDDING ME! So they tell us there is no way we will get to Dallas today or tomorrow (this is already Monday and I should be at work). We start asking her to fly us anywhere, to St. Louis, Kansas City, Denver and there was nothing. She says we can catch a flight to Santa Ana airport in Orange County. We take it! We get to Santa Ana, and the first thing we do it go to the gate to get put on a flight to Dallas. Dramatically the woman say, “uh-huh no way, no how there is no way you are getting to Dallas today, tomorrow and probably not the next day.” We are like GREAT!! We go out of the gate to the main ticket counter and the woman tells us if we can get to Burbank Airport there is a flight leaving in 2 hours for Dallas. WE RUN to the shuttles and ask how much to Burbank, $90 we take it. Well we are so tired on the hour ride to Burbank that we both pass out in the shuttle, we get to Burbank with 20 minutes to our flight, we rush through security, to the gate and there are tickets waiting for us. Then Nicole goes, where’s my phone? She thought I had it I thought she had it, and we could not leave it because people were calling her to tell her if she got the apartments. The ticket woman looks at us and ask if we are getting on this flight, and with my sister freaking out, I just said, “No.”

We are thinking Santa Ana is a smaller airport there can’t be that many shuttle companies, UMMM there was like 28, so as Nicole starts calling them all. I go upstairs and beg the administrative assistant to call over there because there has to be someone in charge of all the shuttles. Since we BOTH don’t have a phone I have to wait in this office for an hour because they have to call the airport to get a hold of us. We finally find the phone and they tell us we can come and pick it up or pay another $90 for him to bring it back. At this point our life is just comical. Luckily, Nicole’s friend that was keeping her car lived in Pasadena nearby the Burbank airport, so we take another shuttle to her house to get her car and then drive back to Santa Ana airport, where we just came from. So we get there, go to chipotle, back to Pasadena and then we take another shuttle to LAX, we figure it was the last airport we could try and there is a flight every 45 minutes to Dallas. We have not showered since Saturday, we are tired and just feeling like whatever at this point. We get to LAX, they tell us we wont be able to get on til 6 am, so we decide to sleep at the gate. But It just so happed there was a 12:50 am flight to Dallas, and we finally GOT ON! Then I flew back to Missouri got in my car drove 2 hours to Columbia, took my first shower in 3 days and had to go to work….It was a wonderful trip.

And yes, Nic found an apartment, I will never fly stand by again, just what my mom wanted.

1 comment:

  1. HAHAHAHAH! I laughed out loud at this one! That was a funny story! Sorry bout your luck, but thanks for the entertainment! Love you!

    ReplyDelete