Wednesday, July 29, 2009

WHERE THE HECK DID SUMMER GO!

I cannot believe tomorrow is my last full day in Columbia, Missouri as a resident! Life is going at a million miles a minute and this summer has gone by even faster! Today was the first time all summer that I got a chance to catch up with some of my grad school buddies and I cannot believe I am leaving them (Jodi, Chu-Chun I miss you already).

So this was the craziest summer, it started off with Nic and I graduating the same weekend, she from undergrad and me from my Masters. I skipped my graduation and went to hers and I am so glad I did, it was so much fun. After this weekend, the fun was only beginning! I did not spend one weekend in Columbia because there was always something I had to do.

June was the engagement party at Mattitos Tex Mex CafĂ©, which I love me some Bob Armstrong Dip! I had a blast, got to see my Dallas friends and my daddy gave the sweetest speech. (Although at the wedding, he will have a time limit :) Then the next weekend was the BIG move where I moved majority of my big furniture to Kansas City, my new home : ) Then the weekend after that was Jerod going away party and Melissa’s (Jerod sister) 30th surprise birthday party. My parents were in town for the parties and then it was nice to have father’s day with both father’s there, so we hosted it at our house and cooked up a big breakfast. Then we celebrated FOUR June birthdays in the family and Jerod got his wisdom teeth taken out. The next weekend Jerod and I left for our last trip before his deployment to Disney Land! It was so awesome and so much fun, but I was so mad because our camera DIED while riding “it’s a small world.” We also got a chance to go to Magic Mountain IT WAS AWESOME, and for some reason it was dead that day, so we got to ride 13 roller coasters. However, I realized that I am getting old and scared because instead of thinking this is going to be awesome, I would pray that God does not let me die or have a heart attack. And YES some roller coasters have now been retired! Nevertheless, this trip was so much fun and the first time all summer that Jerod and I got a chance to be by ourselves.

When we returned Jerods grandpa was not in the best shape, we got off the plane, drove straight to the nursing home, and spent the night with him, the entire family took shifts staying with him until he passed away. Bop Bop was sick for a very long time and he battled many heart troubles and kindey problems, so when he passed, we all finally knew he was at peace. I never had grandparents that lived in the states, thats why we would spend our summers in London so we could see them once a year, but as we got older it got harder to leave for a summer. So I really cherish other peoples grandparents and the ability to see them whenever they wanted, so I did become very close to Bop. Bop passed away just the way he would have wanted it, it was the one night that the entire family was there visiting. In a way, it was beautiful, him finally being at peace with all the people he loved the most in the room. There was just so much love there that night.

Then for the funeral all of Jerods aunts and uncles came up from Tennessee and they are AMAZING!!! It’s as if they have always been my family and we all knew that, but hadn’t met yet, they are amazing, and you can’t help my Thank God for having such wonderful people around you. Between Jerods family and my family we have enough love to last us a lifetime. And to both Jerod and I there is nothing more important than family, and they are ALWAYS our first priority…no ands, ifs or buts about it.

Then last, the inevitable, Jerod had to leave for what will be a 13-month deployment. I miss him every freakin’ day but this is just one year out of forever, and from what I hear forever is a very long time. You always believe that people come into your life for a purpose, and that other relationships do not work out for a reason, and things are going to happen the way they are supposed. Gods (or whoever is up there) master plan will come to fruition. Well if 13 months is all I have to do to have forever, then its worth it.

OH...and I forgot to mention, Jerod and Piper went SKYDIVING somewhere in July...

I have a ton of pics and I will post them later!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had a good time :)

    By the way, my husband always tells me (after Im done complaining how long it has been since Ive seen him) that I will see him soon and then we have the rest of our lives for me to nag him lol.

    It will be hard (I know believe me) and if you are anything like me then this is how it will go. First month its really hard (initial shock or something) after that it gets better until about month 3 or 4 when start realizing its been that long. Then it gets a bit calm again and after another few months its hard again. Its a rollercoaster or missingness :P. But if you keep yourself busy its not as bad. Surround yourself with people you love and its not that bad. 13 months will be over before you know it. I wish both of you the best of luck :)

    ReplyDelete