Monday, October 5, 2009

I HAVE ARRIVED

After many long months and many long training days, I have finally arrived in Kuwait only to find we have another 2 weeks of waiting and training before we make it to the big show. Kuwait is exactly like I remember it HOT. Let me reflect back to the first time I came here. We flew over on a chartered 747 double-decker plane, TV screens in each seat, good meals, and comfortable seats. This time we flew over on Ryan Air, anyone other than the people outside the US probably have never heard of that. The plane looked like it was from the 70’s. I flew in first class, but it felt more like economy. We had a re-fuel stop in Germany, which was nice; I was able to actually stand up and stretch out. When we finally got to Kuwait it was 5 a.m. and it was already 91 degrees. Again, Kuwait is like I remember but the bases have changed tremendously. On base there is a Pizza Hut, Subway, Taco Bell, Kentucky Fried Chicken, Charlie’s Steak, and Hole in One. The chow halls are amazing, I thought I was going to get over her and get back into good shape, the way it is going right now I am going to get even fatter than I am now. The PX here is like a normal PX on any base, you are able to buy plasma screen TV’s and laptops. I would like to say it’s pretty luxurious but I still have to remember this is not where we will be for the next year. Although, I have heard it is pretty nice where we will be. I hope you all continue to check in, as Jessica has instructed me to write a lot on her. Miss you all!!!!!
-J-

No comments:

Post a Comment