Friday, April 17, 2009

Punta Cana, Dominican Republic

A couple months ago, we booked this trip to Punta Cana, Dominican Republic, because we knew with all the stuff coming up this year we just wanted to RELAX! Well I think it was the first time ever in either of our lives that we followed threw. On our vacation to the Dominican, WE DID NOTHING! Our schedule was, wake up, get breakfast, get chairs, sit by the pool, eat lunch, sit by the pool, go shower, eat dinner, maybe watch a show and GO TO SLEEP! It was truly amazing, we did nothing, and I could not believe it. We were there for SEVEN NIGHTS, and we did not get bored doing nothing. Jerods sister, and parents went a long with us and it was so much fun. It was the most relaxing vacation that we have ever been on and we are excited for the next one.

Something we realized early in our trip is that the Dominican Republic was not an American attraction. We went to a show one night and were the only Americans in the room! Most of the English speaking people were from Canada, and they even spoke Spanish (America is so behind on the bilingual thing). There were many people from all over South America and Western Europe. It was a different experience and has made me extremely determined to learn Spanish fluently, even more than before. Melissa (Jerods Sister) is getting married in Costa Rica in December so we are going to enroll in classes together. Her fiancé is bilingual and we want to be able to communicate with his family. Therefore, that is our challenge for the next couple of months.

So the story behind the “Unofficial engagement photos.” At our hotel there was a place you could sign up for free photo sessions, and Jerod and I took complete advantage of that. It was free, we just had to pay for the pics we wanted, and they turn out great! We love them, well I love most of them. The photographer was really into making you pose all sexy, and I do not have a sexy face at all!! So I mostly laughed when it came to the sexy ones, but my sis in law took beautiful ones! Here are a couple of pics from the trip!
Side note: Melissa and I hated the food, but we are picky!

Fam on the dock Girls before dinner
One of Melissas' "professional" pics
The photographer made us ROLL on the sand, I was acutally in pain!

One of our favorites!

2 comments:

  1. I just stumbled upon your blog today and had to tell you beautiful pictures! The ocean looks amazing! What hotel is this? My husband and I are looking into going to Punta Cana this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The hotel is Barcelo! It was fun!

    ReplyDelete