Thursday, April 16, 2009

SURPRISE your 28! YOU'RE OLD!

So, every year I try to make Jerods birthday special because he ALWAYS makes mine over the top. The problem with Jerod is that he has everything and he is hard to surprise. Well I go down to Kansas City every weekend to spend time at our new house and hang out with him. I decided that I would throw a little surprise party at our house on the Monday night of the championship basketball game. (Because we have BIG TVs in our house, we have no furniture but we made sure to have TVs!) I had Cory (Jerods Brother) call Jerod and invite himself over the watch the game, that way I knew Jerod would be at the house. Then I emailed some of his friends to show up at the house at 7 pm. Jerods whole family was in on the surprise as well. So my normal routine is to go down to KC on Thursday then leave Monday morning at 6 am to get back to class. Well I get up on Monday at 6 am and act like I am going back to Columbia for class, but I really go to the dealership to get my oil changed. Jerod made me feel guilty for leaving him on his last birthday before he leaves for Iraq. But I was thinking man is he going to feel like a jerk once he finds out what I was doing! Well for some reason we could not get Jerod to leave the freakin house this day. So I am running all the errands, Jerods Mom goes to pick up Jerod birthday cake an hour away (THIS CAKE LADY IS AWESOME! Cherry has convinced her to make the trip to Dallas do our wedding cake, YAY!) Anyway, we finally get him out of the house to set up the surprise, and was he super surprised to come home and see me? Well kind of, I had left my FREAKING email open on a message I sent to our best friend Kayrin, and the title said, Jerods Surprise Party…So once again, he knew! But he still played along, and the fam came over and some of our friends and it was a ton of fun, and the first official thing we have had at our house. We had to have Kent and Cherry (Jerods Parents) bring chairs from the Auction building so people could sit somewhere, cause we still have no furniture. But the funniest part of this story is I bought Jerod a stand to go under the TV down by the bar, but I made him buy it back from me because I needed the money for other things. Therefore, he bought his own birthday present! Haha!

AWESOME 3D Scooby Cake!

My Sweet Boy!
Singing Happy Birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment