Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Girls Just Want to Have Fun

So we had our engagement party two weeks ago in Dallas at Mattitos and that was a ton of fun! I had many of my girls friends come in from out of town and it was the first time it hit me that I am really getting married. Obviously, the ring is a good indication that you are getting married but this weekend it finally hit me. The weekend started a little rocky, because the air conditioning upstairs in our house died and the repair man could not get out until Monday. Luckily my dad had another house in Coppell that he bought for guest to stay in (We have a lot of guest) so we all moved over there for the weekend, so we would not boil to death.

Anyway, on Saturday we had a girl’s day out and we took out everyone who came from out of town. Claire planned everything, shes great! We went to breakfast at Dream CafĂ© (http://www.thedreamcafe.com/) which was FABULOUS! And then we got our nails done at this wonderful spa that had a million pedicure chairs…okay more like 20 but still that is a lot if you ask me. This was a lot of fun and I was very excited that Grandma Merilee who is 85 years old made the drive down to Texas and that meant so much to me. She spent the who day with the girls and I think she had a blast. I got the Milk and Honey pedicure, it was interesting to say the least, but its two weeks later and my toes still look good. Ashley on the other had got a reflexology massage and was in serious pain, so don't get that one! They also serve wine and beverages here complimentary, Ashley got cut off after spilling two glasses! After we all got our nails done, we went and set up Mattitos for the engagement party and went back to the house to get ready. It was such a great day!

Grandma, isnt she sweet!
All lined up!

1 comment:

  1. My co-worker was just asking me when I got my pedicure because she felt like it should be chipping since I have had it so long!!! I just got my first chip yesterday. :( I guess that makes up for nail tech inflicting on me the worst pain in my entire life!!

    ReplyDelete