Sunday, June 28, 2009

Michael Jackson

Have you ever wondered why a celebrity’s death affects you so much that you feel devastated by the news? This is someone you did not know, could not call on the phone, and most of the time have never even seen them in person. It’s as if the thought of them dying was inconceivable because in your eyes they are immortal, those are the untouchables. That is what Michael Jackson was for me and I know for many other people. I feel that Michael Jackson death made me so upset because I realized that a HUGE piece of my childhood could never be touched again. Michael Jackson’s concert is one of my very first memories, I was five and I went with my mom and dad, this was after the moonwalk had just become huge! I remember seeing huge flames coming up from the sides of the stage. I just remember looking at my dad and mom dancing the night away! That was the first time Music was ever introduced to me in that way. The one thing that I thank my parents for the most is introducing music into my sister and I life so early. I feel that my whole life to a huge soundtrack that just plays in my head. I can remember where I was when I heard many songs or how I felt the first time, I heard those songs. I remember my sister, Okwus, Vince and Amy, Jeff, we ALL did dances and put on concerts mimicking the Jackson 5. I remember Okwus, Nicole and I went as far as learning the dance at the end of the Jackson 5 movie and acting it out. Michael Jackson's music is probably the largest part of my life soundtrack. Those will be songs that I sing (horribly) to my kids, and dance in the living room too and put on “talent” shows with them. And knowing that there will never be another Michael Jackson song again is sad, because no matter what anyone says, no one can deny the musical genius in that one person and it will be many….many years before someone of this world wide magnitude steps foot on our earth again.

1 comment:

  1. I was very, very sad to hear about MJ's death. I honestly don't think the world is the same without him.

    ReplyDelete