Tuesday, February 24, 2009

And it goes like this... (My version of the engagement)

So, about two weeks ago I asked Jerod if we could have a date day because we haven’t had one in a while. Jerod and I had been constantly saying we wanted to experience “Dialogue in the Dark.” Where you experience being blind for an hour in a safe space. However, they take you through daily experiences that the blind go through, such as walking through a park, crossing a busy street, going to a restaurant, and a farmers market. If you are ever in Kansas City, you should definitely experience it!

Any who, we made plans to go to Dialogue in the Dark, and then Jerod said we had a meeting with the builder at 3 pm about some issues with the house and then we were going to home depot. That was the plan and me having Type A personality I stick with the plan! We get out of Dialogue in the Dark at I am thinking we are late! We rush down to the house and Jerod says something like, I think there is a light on in the back, call me from inside when you find the switch that turns it off and now that I think about it, what he told me did not make sense to me at the time but I just went with it.

When I got to the door there was a sign that said, “Follow the roses” and “Just play the game Jess, don’t ruin it! Because I ruin everything, but I honestly figured that Jerod was trying to make date day special, I had no clue this was a proposal. Jerod is a hopeless romantic so this is not unusual for him to do something sweet at the end of a date. At this point I was still thinking, “Where the heck is the builder.” So I go through the house following the signs until I get to the closet where it said “remember the first blog I wrote” I was like you haven’t written one yet, so I get on my Iphone and I read the blog below this one and at that point I began to BALL!! His brother Cory had uploaded it while we were on our date day! So, I walked down stairs and my sweet boyfriend was on one knee. I do not remember anything he said beyond this point, I just kept hugging him and it took me a while to say yes because I was crying so hard.

At this point, I am still crying and my type A personality kicks back in and I ask him if we can still go to Home Depot because it was on our list of things to do. At Home Depot the lady helping us asked how long we had been married and Jerod replies by saying we just got engaged about an hour ago! The last looks at me and says, “AND YOU’RE AT HOME DEPOT!” I said, “We really needed shower rods.” And Jerod called me his fiancĂ© for the first time there too! Then we went home and had a big dinner with the fam! It was a perfect day! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment