Tuesday, February 10, 2009

I Just Wanted my Teeth Cleaned...

I officially HATE going to the dentist. I went in to get my teeth cleaned on Friday. I had a jam-packed schedule that day and my teeth cleaning was the second item on my list. After I was done with the teeth cleaning, I told the hygienist that I had a loose crown and that should be the next thing we fix. LITTLE did I know I had just opened a can of worms. They start to take x-rays and the dentist comes in and says you know we are going to have to take that tooth out. I thought she was saying, “Let’s make an appointment so we can get that tooth out later.” Next thing I know they are having me sign a consent form to take the tooth out RIGHT THEN! I was caught off guard, and instead of saying can we do this next week, I go, “oh, really, like right now?” like a pathetic puppy.

They first drill a hole in the middle of my crown to take the rod out. Then they take pliers and twist the crown off. Well when they do that, my original tooth SHATTERS! So now, the two roots are stuck in my gums. Needless to say after two hours of drilling and pulling, drilling and pulling, the roots are completely out. I thought okay well the worst is over, but NO she starts to put stitches in and says, “Oops, I did it backwards and now the tissue is tearing.” She then takes them out and starts all over again. So, 2 ½ hours, one less tooth, and five stitches later I walk out of there were a prescription for Vicodin and Clindamycin. I had to cancel girls night, cancel my appointment with my advisor who is EXETREMEMLY different to get a hold of, I forgot about my chiropractor appointment, and cancelled getting my tires put on my car, so I could drive to Kansas city, take my Vicodin and go to sleep.

The dentist is always a traumatic experience.

1 comment:

  1. oh!!!what a really painful experience!!! Jasmine!!!~~~ you are so brave!

    ReplyDelete