Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Stop blinding me with your BLING BLING

Saturday, February 21st , 2009 will be a day I will always remember, it was a life changing experience, it is the day me and Jessica went to see the Dialog in the Dark exhibit at Union Station……Oh yea I also PROPOSED.

I have tried to think of ways to surprise Jessica doing it. It has been very hard, because we are basically doing our relationship backwards. I did not want to take her out to dinner, I didn’t want candle light, I didn’t want live music, all too predictable. Her family is coming into town this coming weekend, and if you talk to Jess, she even thought I was going to do it then. So the only way to completely surprise her was to be CHEEESY.

So I had a plan. Since we were having date day on Saturday, I would do it then. So I used the help of my BEST FRIEND Kayrin. I had Kayrin and my mother come our new house and set things up while we were on our date. I told Jessica on Friday that we needed to met the builder on Sat. around 3pm to discuss some work he was doing. So that was my way to get to the house. Friday night Jessica had girl’s night, she was real tired but I made her go, really I just needed the time to get things together. I bought 3 dozen roses and a bouquet of flows. So when me and Jess arrived at the house, I told her I thought I saw a light on the outside of the house, I asked her to go inside and call me and we will find out which switch turns it off. That was my first brilliant idea, reason being it got me away from her and second I made sure she had her phone, which will be used later. So I ran around the house where Kay let me in the back door. Jess went to the door to find a note that said, “Follow the Roses” “just play the games Jess, don’t ruin it.” Jess has a tendency to not follow my games. As she walked in, there were roses that led to the kitchen. There she found a sign and pictures that said “remember when we met”, following more roses, she found three more sign “remember our first kiss”, “remember our first fight”, ”remember the first time I said I love you”, the she came to the last sign, “remember the first time I wrote on our blog”. Jess for the last month has tried to get me to write on this blog. I have procrastinated on doing so, until then. This is where her phone was needed. On the sign it said for her to look at the blog.

****READ MY PREVIOUS BLOG TO UNDERSTAND NEXT PART****

She then came down the stairs to me on one knee (OLD FASHION AND CHEESY). Kayrin was there to get the pictures, which are completely my fault; I forgot to turn the flash on (a little nervous), so a little dark. I was not even able to get the word out of my mouth to say anything before she grabs me and hugs me to the point where I can’t breathe. Note, she is balling at this point. Jessica was completely caught off guard, which I was hoping for. I really didn’t get to spend much time with her right after because she was on the phone. So, like I said before Dialog in the Dark is an awesome experience, but there is nothing better than putting a big rock on the woman you love.


No comments:

Post a Comment