Friday, February 6, 2009

The Infamous GOLD Bowl

So… some of my friends have been giving me crap about my Gold Bowl. For those who do not know about it here is the story, I went to this store named JM Porters with Cherry (Jerods Mom) and Melissa (Jerods Sister). This is Melissa’s favorite furniture and décor store. Well the store was having a one-day only 50% off sale as long as you donate $50 to the homeless. So, when I saw this GOLD bowl I HAD TO HAVE IT! It was beautiful, it has the serenity prayer craved on the inside. Of course, since this store was “fancy,” I called Jerod to make sure that he was okay with the purchase. The first thing he said was, “No, you’re crazy.” But, when he realized how bad I really wanted to the bowl he caved in and said I could get it as long as I use my credit card and I pay for it. Well I only have one and it turns out they did not except American Express, so I had to call Jerod back. Somehow, I convinced Jerod not only to let me get this GOLD bowl, but to put it on his credit card. This just shows how much I love Jerod and he loves me for allowing me to have something I really wanted : ) Well… I guess the picture that I sent Jerod over the internet was a little deceiving. Because when I got back to the house Jerod was SHOCKED, because the bowl is about a foot and a half wide and 70 pounds! So right now, we are trying to find a place in the new house for this giant bowl! Anyway, I love that bowl! No matter what my friends say!!! I am going to put it on a pedestal and put it right in the entryway of the house! Hahaha! Jerod says he is going to make it a birdbath and put it in the front yard.

Part of the serenity prayer View from the side
Okay, so Kay we were a little off on the size of the bowl...Jerod wants me to say he was RIGHT!

No comments:

Post a Comment